Class of Summer 2017: Welcome Aboard
On boarding of Class of Summer 2017 is now in progress.
- Welcome email – sent.
- Please introduce yourself to your class – by Monday (June 5, 2017). Fill out the form that’s in your welcome email. We’d compile and share.
- There is a live, kick-off webinar on Monday (June 5, 2017) from 6 PM – 7 PM EST. Details to be emailed by Sunday (June 4, 2017)
Registration for Summer 2017 is now closed.
What you will do
Work at the ground floor of a ground-breaking, online education startup, Touchstone Academy. The program includes 1 week of foundational training (FREE) and 11 weeks of hands on work. You will become a real world Freelancer-In-Training at Minipack and collectively work on building a formidable course portfolio for Touchstone Academy and bring them to market. This includes work on a portfolio of real courses from ideation to market and business model validation to course creation to chronicling your experience. Best part of it is that the courses you will work on will become part of the portfolio of Touchstone Academy.
What you will learn
- Crash course on the “Big Picture” and converging trends in I.T.
- Self assessment so you know where you fit in the “Big Picture”
- Modern Software, Web and Mobile development process via real world project
- Inbound Internet Marketing via real world project
- Agile development process via real world project
- How to work on a real world project, playing a role that you’ve chosen for yourself
- The dynamics of working remotely
- The dynamics of working in a startup
- The dynamics of working as a Freelancer
- About empathy and sustainable innovation
What’s in it for you
- Take your first step in your I.T. career doing what you’d love to do
- Participation in a VERY INTERESTING AND WORTHWHILE real world project
- Learn essentials of remote working, agile software development, startup, freelancing, outsourcing, crowdfunding and sustainable innovation
- An opportunity to launch your freelance career with Minipack
- Training and mentoring by veteran IT Practitioners
- Networking as you work with real world IT practitioners
Week by Week Program
Week 1 (FREE)
You’ll take a crash course on the “Big Picture” and converging trends in I.T. and hear real life stories from accomplished I.T. practitioners. You will follow along on-demand videos and labs. You will get to know more about Touchstone and it’s vision. The goal of this stage is to help you find your niche in the vast I.T. landscape, give you a solid understanding of “the Big Picture” and prepare you up for the next 11 weeks, should you choose to continue.
Planning Week. You will decide what role you’d want to play out e.g. Developer, Data Analyst, Business Analyst, (Info)Graphic Designer, Video Editing, Internet Marketer, Agile Scrum Master, Copywriter or Sales. We will share the plan for course portfolio and share the guidelines for the go-to-market strategy and form the teams.
Week 3 – Week 8
You will work with expert mentors and I.T. practitioners and help them create courses, that will include on-demand videos, hand-on labs, infographic, inbound marketing campaign.
For example, one course is on “Making of a Mobile App from scratch”, where you take a well articulated vision from ideation to market/business validation to MVP creation to launch to marketing to crowdfunding.
In the meantime, the marketing team will be creating a formidable marketing campaign to takes these courses to market.
Week 9 – Week 10
Marketing campaign to launch your work to public.
Week 11 – Week 12
Continue with the marketing campaign as we look forward. We’ll go over the result of our effort and the next steps. We’ll go over the lessons learned through our journey. You’ll meet with veteran I.T. practitioners and some of our HR friends, present them your work and network. You’d receive a certificate of completion.
Beyond Week 12
You’d have the opportunity to continue your engagement with Minipack as a freelancer and with Touchstone as a learner / team member.
Registration deadline 5/31/2017
Registration for 1st week FREE
On boarding 6/1/2017 – 6/3/2017
Program Duration June 4 – August 26
Venue All remote work with bi-weekly gathering. There will be daily stand-ups online for not more than 15 minutes.
About Minipack We are a unique, agile agency for IT consulting services, training, and innovation. We have a uniquely talented ensemble of IT and Creative freelancers. Throughout the years, we have consistently delivered enterprise software solutions with exceptional quality, value and measurable success.