May be at work, may be consulting for a client or may be playing with your kid, have you every stumbled on “a brilliant idea” that will surely solve a real problem that your employer, client or kid may be having? And then what happened? You got distracted and life moved on. That’s because taking a spark of inspiration from idea to execution is an arduous journey and not many are willing to take it. We want to change that. For all ideas, big and small, deserve to be evaluated and the worthy ones among them needs to be pursued.
The Foundry is Where Responsible Innovation Meets Responsible Investment
- You want to lower the cost of innovation, where someone with a truly worthy idea can qualify and quantify it’s worthiness with peers and users and take it to the next level with the minimum of fuss and friction.
- You want to foster Need-based Innovation over Want-based Innovation across the spectrum including hyperlocal ones.
- You want to cut the waste in innovation by failing not only fast but failing cheaply.
- You want to pair up the RESPONSIBLE INNOVATORS and their INNOVATIONS with RESPONSIBLE INVESTORS.
- You want to engage the enterprise and public sector to champion and harness responsible innovation and get ROI for their patronage
- You want to shift the focus of the innovation narrative from hyper-growth to sustained, long-term, wholesome growth
Criteria for “Responsible Innovation”
- It solves a *REAL PROBLEM* for a niche group.
- The innovation is *NEED DRIVEN*
- There is no better solution out there to solve the same thing
- The innovation may be ambitious but realistic
- It can be executed or brought to life without major R&D effort (i.e. built on proven/existing/ emergent technology)
How does it work?
Projects In Progress
- The Foundry – Powertools for crowd-funded, responsible innovation.
- Touchstone – A digital career guide like no other.
- Gamely – Enterprise employee wellbeing, gamified
- My Agile Day – Journal of Agile Teams