So many brilliant professionals we have met have a permanent itch to build “a product”. This has a direct correlation with how deeply the professional empathizes with the users. The world is rife with broken workflows, inefficiencies, disconnects, discontents and heart aches. To a perceptive innovator with a heart, that is a never ending opportunity to find a better way to do things, a better way to move forward. Sadly though, many a time, actually most of the time, these ideas end up being just that – “an idea”. The innovative mind gets distracted and life goes on. Minipack Foundry is created to address that untimely demise of great ideas, for every idea deserves to be evaluated and the great ones amongst them deserve to be pursued. The foundry lets us process these “intuitions” and “ideas” and turn the best of them into highly impactful products and services.
We religiously follow the “human centered design” approach promoted by the likes of IDEO to vet out the ideas and separate the wheat from the chaff. We have drawn a lot of inspiration from OpenIDEO, a platform where Design Thinkers from all over the world contribute and collaborate to challenges. There are some major differentiators though.
- The ideas here are pitched by the community members.
- The owner may open access to the idea for community review or may choose to have select, invitation only peer review. For example, an enterprise partner may choose its own employees to collaborate amongst themselves only and foster intrapreneurship.
- While the sky is the limit, we strongly encourage ideas that are eminently realizable by collaborative bootstrapping, at least until the point it is picked up by a sponsor (see below).
- Typically, any worthy idea requires the collaboration of multiple disciplines. The foundry members have the advantage of pulling from the diverse expertise of the community.
- At the end of each quarter, the Foundry will showcase the project portfolio to our industry & venture partners and the sponsoring enterprise for sponsorship.
Projects In Progress
- The Foundry – A product studio, a self-service incubator for product makers to effectively collaborate on product/service ideas and take them to the next logical level and for trusted sponsors to pick them up. A self recursive project.
- Gamely (locked) – A social gaming platform to influence personal and group behavior